Why we collect your data
Our lawful basis for processing this personal information is ‘contract’, this means that we have a legal reason to ask you for your data because we need it for contractual reasons. You do not have to share your personal data with us, but if you do not we cannot provide our service. You must fulfill your side of the contract (share your personal information) for us to fulfill ours (carry out your garden machinery requirements).
How we collect your data
We need your contact details, name, phone number, address, postcode and email address. We do this in a few ways, including when you visit our website, sign up for communications from us as well as when you request our services. We’ve designed our IT systems to be secure and protect your data always.
When we’ll share your data
Any details taken by Bowman Garden Machinery Ltd for purposes of a sale/service or website enquiry will not be shared with any external companies.
You have several rights under the GDPR regarding the use of your personal data, including updating your information, changing your communication options and having your personal data erased.
You have various legal rights in relation to the information you give us, or which we collect about you, as follows:
- You have a right to access the information we hold about you free-of-charge, together with various information about why and how we are using your information, to whom we may have disclosed that information, from where we originally obtained the information and for how long we will use your information.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to ask us to erase the information we hold about you (the ‘right to be forgotten’). Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to erase your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your information where:
The information we hold about you is inaccurate.
We are unlawfully using your information.
We no longer need to use the information.
We do not have a legitimate reason to use the information. Please note that we may continue to store your information or use your information for legal proceedings or for protecting the rights of any other person.
- You have the right to ask us to transmit the information we hold about you to another person or company in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to transmit your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
Where we use/store your information because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, you have the right to object to us using/storing your information. We will stop using/storing your information unless we can demonstrate why we believe we have a legitimate business interest which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Where we use/store your data because you have given us your specific, informed and unambiguous consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to object to us using/storing your information for direct marketing purposes.
- You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Can I Complain to If I Feel You Are Not Handling My Data Correctly?